Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Henry Kleynhans <he...@obsidianlabs.com> on 2001/05/25 17:52:57 UTC

Performance of Iterating through XPath Query Results.

Hi All,

I have a question about the performance on iterating through the results
from an XPath query.

I run the query by using the XPathAPI class in Xalan.  This is quite fast,
an no problems here.  But when I start to iterate throught the resultset
my performance goes for a loop.

I have wrote a utility class that converts the nodes returned from the XPath
query into documents before iterating through them.   This all goes smooth
as well, but when I start to iterate throught the documents, I take a
performance hit.

Now the question:  Am I simply doing something stupid, or does Xalan/Xerces
suffer a performance hit when gettting data from/iterating through the
resulting nodes?

Thanks for your help,

Best regards,

Henry

--
Henry Kleynhans                                       Obsidian Labs
Systems Engineer                                       South Africa