Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Pierre-Luc Dion <pd...@cloud.ca> on 2021/09/02 14:55:42 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] Export Virtual Router Statistics to Users

We've been looking at something similar on our side where we would have
installed telegraf on the VR template and telegraf would have been sending
data to a port forwarding on the hypervisor host.
I don't know how  we could have the VR exposting Prometheus data securely;
outside of the customer network without going through the internet
otherwise.

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
+1

At work we're discussing a new RRD framework feature that would expand on the metrics feature of various resources which would include (possibly in future) metrics of VRs too. I suppose, just like VM stats you would want to capture VR stats plus something extra (like active connection, VR firewall state/metrics, network bandwidth etc). However, in current implementation the "user" roles/accounts can't see VRs, only admins.

Some of the VR metrics are indeed implemented currently already but not expose via APIs (for example network bandwidth from VRs is used for usage data generation for networks).

Regards.