Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Martin Gross <m....@evolt.de> on 2004/01/29 18:20:05 UTC

Best Practice for long running tasks with status check

Hi,

  I need to start an long running task by a struts action which will
  run for maybe half an hour. I dont want the action to run for half
  an hour. It should start the task and then respond that the task has
  been started. Also it should be possible to check the
  status of the task and see for example how many elements have already
  been processed.

  What would be the best practice to do this? Code examples would be
  also appreciated.

Regards,
 Martin

Re[2]: Best Practice for long running tasks with status check

Posted by Martin Gross <m....@evolt.de>.
hi marco,
 thanks for the information. I will check JMX.

Regards,
Martin

RE: Best Practice for long running tasks with status check