Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Adam Lipscombe <ad...@qucs.co.uk> on 2003/10/15 13:33:30 UTC

How to roll over catalina.out?

Folks,

Sorry if this in a FAQ somewhere - I couldn't find it.

I need to rollover / archive catalina.out every day or week as its
getting huge.
Is there a mechanism within Tomcat for doing this?

TIA - Adam

RE: How to roll over catalina.out?

Posted by Mike Curwen <gb...@gb-im.com>.
On here:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=tomcat-user&m=105545518004325&w=2

You said:
OTOH - After the startup message - nothing really should be written to
it
without making an effort to do so. So only badly written code which uses
System.out/err will be the victim.

Here's an example of what apx. 70% of my catalina.out file contains:
5189887 [Thread-14] INFO common.ChannelSocket  - connection timeout
reached
5201847 [Thread-10] INFO common.ChannelSocket  - connection timeout
reached
5216537 [Thread-8] INFO common.ChannelSocket  - connection timeout
reached
5228577 [Thread-14] INFO common.ChannelSocket  - connection timeout
reached
5228677 [Thread-10] INFO common.ChannelSocket  - connection timeout
reached
5236557 [Thread-28] INFO common.ChannelSocket  - connection timeout
reached

and on , and on with the occasional 'broken pipe' stack trace.  I guess
the jk connector is badly coded ?

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.