Posted to user@forrest.apache.org by "Jacques, Olivier (OCBU-Test Infra)" <ol...@hp.com> on 2004/12/08 15:10:19 UTC

Question: how to enable document section numbering?

Hello,

Section numbering is enabled for document rendered in PDF, but not for
HTML (tigris skin).
I would like to get auto-numbering for section headers:
1. Section1
    1.1 Section1.1
    1.2 Section1.2
2. Section2

I am unable to find where to enable something like this.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help.
Olivier.

Re: Question: how to enable document section numbering?

Posted by Johannes Schaefer <jo...@uidesign.de>.
Maybe this helps, too:

Element:before { content:Value; }
   content:counter(Name); counter-increment(Name);

Seems to be CSS 2.0, I never tried it out.

see, e.g.
http://en.selfhtml.org/css/eigenschaften/pseudoformate.htm#nummerierung
the example there does *not* display in Firefox and MSIE
it *does* in Opera

Cheers,
Johannes

Ross Gardler wrote:
> Jacques, Olivier (OCBU-Test Infra) wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Section numbering is enabled for document rendered in PDF, but not for
>> HTML (tigris skin).
>> I would like to get auto-numbering for section headers:
>> 1. Section1
>>     1.1 Section1.1
>>     1.2 Section1.2
>> 2. Section2
>>
>> I am unable to find where to enable something like this.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>

> It is not available in the HTML stylesheets, it would be good to see
> this as a patch.
>
> You can see how it is done in PDF by looking in the file document2fo.xsl
> in the common skin, see
> http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/forrest/trunk/main/webapp/skins/common/xslt/fo/document2fo.xsl
>

> If you search for "numbersections" in that file you'll see the relevant
> parts.
>
> To add this to the HTML versions of pages you need to edit
> document2html.xsl - see
> http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/forrest/trunk/main/webapp/skins/common/xslt/html/document2html.xsl?rev=109943&view=auto
>

> An appropriate configuration element should also be added to the
> skinconf.xml file.
>
> Ross

Ludwigsburg
Fon +49 (0)7141 377 000 * Fax  +49 (0)7141 377 00-99
Lehrer-Götz-Weg 11 * D-81825 München
www.uidesign.de

Burmester
www.user-interface-tuning.de

Attraktivität von interaktiven Produkten messen mit
www.attrakdiff.de

Re: Question: how to enable document section numbering?

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.