Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by abhishek srivastava <ab...@hotmail.com> on 2002/06/26 19:26:29 UTC

mod_jk configuration Amost there !!

Hello All,

After two days of continious battle with tomcat with apache and having spent
numerours hours of RTFM of mod_jk build and config manual .... I am almost
there.

When I type in http://localhost/tomcat/examples

I get the following message

-----
Apache Tomcat/4.0.4 - HTTP Status 404 - /tomcat/examples
type Status report
message /tomcat/examples
description The requested resource (/tomcat/examples) is not available.
-------

So this means that the call does go to the tomcat from apache web server
therefore the mod_jk.so is working!!

but then why doesn't it find the tomcat examples page?? when I type
http://localhost:8080/examples then everything works file.

I have the following entry in my httpd.conf :-
LoadModule jk_module libexec/mod_jk.so
Include /apps/tomcat4.0.4/conf/auto/mod_jk.conf
JkMount /tomcat/* ajp13

In my conf/jk/workers.properties I have the following enteries
workers.tomcat_home=/apps/tomcat4.0.4
workers.java_home=/usr/java/j2sdk1.4.0
ps=/
worker.list=ajp13
worker.ajp13.port=8009
worker.ajp13.host=localhost
worker.ajp13.type=ajp13

In server.xml I have following enteries :-
<Listener className="org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.config.ApacheConfig" />
<ApacheConfig />

Please help me !!!

regards,
Abhishek.

PS: Once thought occurs to me. When I search mod_jk problems with google.
there are so many people on numerous mailing lists that have faced the same
problem!!. Why doesn't apache give a combined download? One installable
which will install both tomcat and apache and do all the config iteself.

Re: mod_jk configuration Amost there !!

Posted by Milt Epstein <me...@uiuc.edu>.
On Wed, 26 Jun 2002, abhishek srivastava wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> After two days of continious battle with tomcat with apache and having spent
> numerours hours of RTFM of mod_jk build and config manual .... I am almost
> there.
>
> When I type in http://localhost/tomcat/examples
>
> I get the following message
>
> -----
> Apache Tomcat/4.0.4 - HTTP Status 404 - /tomcat/examples
> type Status report
> message /tomcat/examples
> description The requested resource (/tomcat/examples) is not available.
> -------
>
> So this means that the call does go to the tomcat from apache web server
> therefore the mod_jk.so is working!!
>
> but then why doesn't it find the tomcat examples page?? when I type
> http://localhost:8080/examples then everything works file.

The problem is that the way you have it set up, and with the URL
above, tomcat is looking for a context name "tomcat" (and for
something to match "exmaples" in that context).  I suggest changing
your JkMount below to

JkMount /examples/* ajp13

you may also need

JkMount /examples ajp13

and using the URL

http://localhost/examples

You'll have to add similar JkMount's for all the contexts you have.

> I have the following entry in my httpd.conf :-
> LoadModule jk_module libexec/mod_jk.so
> Include /apps/tomcat4.0.4/conf/auto/mod_jk.conf
> JkMount /tomcat/* ajp13
>
> In my conf/jk/workers.properties I have the following enteries
> workers.tomcat_home=/apps/tomcat4.0.4
> workers.java_home=/usr/java/j2sdk1.4.0
> ps=/
> worker.list=ajp13
> worker.ajp13.port=8009
> worker.ajp13.host=localhost
> worker.ajp13.type=ajp13
>
> In server.xml I have following enteries :-
> <Server port="8005" shutdown="SHUTDOWN" debug="0">
> <Listener className="org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.config.ApacheConfig" />
> <ApacheConfig />
>
> Please help me !!!
>
> regards,
> Abhishek.
>
> PS: Once thought occurs to me. When I search mod_jk problems with google.
> there are so many people on numerous mailing lists that have faced the same
> problem!!. Why doesn't apache give a combined download? One installable
> which will install both tomcat and apache and do all the config iteself.

Milt Epstein
Research Programmer
Systems and Technology Services (STS)
mepstein@uiuc.edu