Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Nicholas Hemley <Ni...@lhb.scot.nhs.uk> on 2002/09/19 10:18:13 UTC

Multiple views with Cocoon sunRise?

Hello

I am investigating the possibility of offering multiple views to information for users of a portal. I had imagined that this would involve some kind of 'guest cookie' being set on the user's machine that holds the level at which the user would like to see the information (i.e. beginner, intermediate, expert). Then, the server side processing can choose the XML fragment and process with the XSL stylesheet, etc.

Can I do this with the user authentication framework in Cocoon (aka sunRise?) More specifically, am I able to redirect new users to a page so that they are able to choose the level at which they can view the site?

Many thanks for any pointers to this problem.

Regards,
Nic Hemley

The information contained in this message may be confidential or legally privileged and is intended for the addressee only,

If you have received this message in error or there are any problems please notify the originator immediately.

The unauthorised use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is strictly forbidden.