Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net> on 2006/10/10 01:20:52 UTC

Re: Drop shipments -Processing ---- was new fields in the SupplierProduct entity

Sorry I wasn't online when this took place.
I have implemented Drop shipping with in the framework of Ofbiz with a
few kinks.
First I have a dropshipper party group. this if a party is in this
group, then the Drop shipping logic I added is implemented.
Each has it's facilities, this is because some items are at different
locations and the shipping rate will be determine by which facility.
the Product is set to require inventory for those that that provide
inventory updates electronically.

The only change to ofbiz is the services that now look for the drop
shipping group to make alternative changes to the processes.

One of those hooks is the format to send an order in.
I accomplished this by putting the template in the contactmechs, with it
s own type.

in http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-143
i have provide contactmechs that relate to different ways to
communication with suppliers.
One of those is for the template to use for converting their data.

David E Jones sent the following on 9/6/2006 3:44 PM:

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
I have a client that has commissioned a back order process
this is for suppliers that have electronic communication about the order.
This is particularly important for drop shipping since they inventory
they provide is usually daily, or less and in not up to the minute. Or
the drop shipper that provides no inventory and you don't know till the
order goes in.
so the item may be back ordered by the time the order is sent to them.

this process takes care of generating the order task, notifying the
customer and doing the same as the inventory available service, but to
the supplier.

It has one more step that keeps the customer in the loop so they can
come to order history and change the order like delete the item that is
back ordered or do a split ship.

target for this is Feb 07

BJ Freeman sent the following on 10/9/2006 4:20 PM: