Posted to dev@mesos.apache.org by Joe Stein <jo...@stealth.ly> on 2015/05/28 18:36:35 UTC

Mesos Community Networking Hangout

Hi, a few folks from a few different companies (Cisco, Elodina, Mesosphere,
Moz)  are going to be having a hangout
https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/stealth.ly/mesos-network every Friday
11am PT / 2pm ET and wanted to invite any other interested parties to join
too. We have already talked with folks from a few other companies so if we
chatted or not would be good for you to join if you have something you want
to contribute (requirements, code, whatever).

The goal is to have a single solution for Mesos networking so that all of
the different requirements around "floating ip" can be achieved with
different implementations and use cases. What goes into mesos, what is a
module, what is something to plugin that others can help define interfaces
for, etc, etc.

If you are interested let me know and I can add you to the invite, thanks!

~ Joe Stein
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

  http://www.stealth.ly
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Re: Mesos Community Networking Hangout

Posted by Vinod Kone <vi...@gmail.com>.
Joe, can we utilize the monthly community sync for this? We wanted to make
this a bi-monthly event but are looking for hosts/space (Mesosphere or
Yahoo came up previously as potential hosts) in addition to Twitter.

Are you looking for something more frequent?

Posted by Adam Bordelon <ad...@mesosphere.io>.
Hi Joe,

Posted by Christos Kozyrakis <ch...@mesosphere.io>.
Great idea Joe.

Here is the document
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nqnV586QYl333kA0XUkkjpsRudGX0cMEBMz6FufcMn0/edit?usp=sharing>
we
have shared with a few of you already about Mesos features for networking.
Looking forward to your comments. Note, this is not about how to do
networking, there are many different requirements here, so many different
solutions that make sense. This is about what features Mesos needs to make
it easier for people to develop networking solutions for Mesos.