Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Mark Coleman <Ma...@tomtom.com> on 2007/06/12 06:17:34 UTC

Checking out ONLY the metadata.

All,

I would like to check out a working copy which contains only the svn
metadata and not the actual files themselves. Is there a command or
script available to do this, or do I need to create one myself?

Kind regards,

Mark Coleman

This e-mail message contains information which is confidential and may be privileged. It is intended for use by the addressee only. If you are not the intended addressee, we request that you notify the sender immediately and delete or destroy this e-mail message and any attachment(s), without copying, saving, forwarding, disclosing or using its contents in any other way. TomTom N.V., TomTom International BV or any other company belonging to the TomTom group of companies will not be liable for damage relating to the communication by e-mail of data, documents or any other information.

Re: Checking out ONLY the metadata.

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.
On 6/12/07, Thomas Harold <tg...@tgharold.com> wrote:
> Mark Coleman wrote:
> > I would like to check out a working copy which contains only the svn
> >  metadata and not the actual files themselves. Is there a command or
> >  script available to do this, or do I need to create one myself?
>
> Currently, there is no command built-in that will do this.  I'm not sure
> about a script.

It sounds like Sparse Directories, coming in 1.5, may fit the request.
http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk/notes/sparse-directories.txt

Re: Checking out ONLY the metadata.

Posted by Thomas Harold <tg...@tgharold.com>.