Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Paulo Motta <pa...@apache.org> on 2022/07/11 12:54:21 UTC

Thanks to Nate for his service as PMC Chair

Hi,

I wanted to announce on behalf of the Apache Cassandra Project Management
Committee (PMC) that Nate McCall (zznate) has stepped down from the PMC
chair role. Thank you Nate for all the work you did as the PMC chair!

The Apache Cassandra PMC has nominated Mick Semb Wever (mck) as the new PMC
chair. Congratulations and good luck on the new role Mick!

The chair is an administrative position that interfaces with the Apache
Software Foundation Board, by submitting regular reports about project
status and health. Read more about the PMC chair role on Apache projects:
- https://www.apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html#pmc
- https://www.apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html#pmc-chair
- https://www.apache.org/foundation/faq.html#why-are-PMC-chairs-officers

The PMC as a whole is the entity that oversees and leads the project and
any PMC member can be approached as a representative of the committee. A
list of Apache Cassandra PMC members can be found on:
https://cassandra.apache.org/_/community.html

Kind regards,

Paulo

Re: Thanks to Nate for his service as PMC Chair

Posted by Jasonstack Zhao Yang <ja...@gmail.com>.
Thank you, Nate!

Congrats Mick!

Posted by Henrik Ingo <he...@datastax.com>.

Posted by Anthony Grasso <an...@gmail.com>.
Thank you, Nate, for all the work you did! Congratulations Mick; you'll do
a great job!

Posted by Benjamin Lerer <b....@gmail.com>.

Posted by Berenguer Blasi <be...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Charles Cao <ca...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Melissa Logan <me...@constantia.io>.
Nate, appreciate everything you've done, thank you! Congrats Mick!

--
Melissa Logan (she/her)
Principal, Constantia.io

Re: Thanks to Nate for his service as PMC Chair

Posted by Mick Semb Wever <mc...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ekaterina Dimitrova <e....@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jeremiah Jordan <je...@datastax.com>.

Posted by Ben Bromhead <be...@instaclustr.com>.

--

Ben Bromhead

Instaclustr | www.instaclustr.com | @instaclustr
<http://twitter.com/instaclustr> | +64 27 383 8975

Re: Thanks to Nate for his service as PMC Chair

Posted by Dinesh Joshi <dj...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jeremy Hanna <je...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Nate for all of your behind the scenes work!  Thanks Mick for stepping up even more to help with the project!

Posted by Erick Ramirez <er...@apache.org>.
Thanks Nate for all the work you've put into the project and from
a personal perspective, the support that you've given me through the years.

Congratulations, Mick and thanks for stepping up to the plate. Cheers!

Re: Thanks to Nate for his service as PMC Chair

Posted by Joseph Lynch <jo...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for all your work and dedication Nate, it has been greatly
appreciated.

Congratulations Mick, we are in good hands with you as chair!

-Joey

Posted by lorinapoland <lo...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Nate, and congratulations Mick!Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: Paulo Motta <pa...@apache.org> Date: 7/11/22  05:54  (GMT-08:00) To: Cassandra DEV <de...@cassandra.apache.org> Subject: Thanks to Nate for his service as PMC Chair Hi,I wanted to announce on behalf of the Apache Cassandra Project Management Committee (PMC) that Nate McCall (zznate) has stepped down from the PMC chair role. Thank you Nate for all the work you did as the PMC chair!The Apache Cassandra PMC has nominated Mick Semb Wever (mck) as the new PMC chair. Congratulations and good luck on the new role Mick!The chair is an administrative position that interfaces with the Apache Software Foundation Board, by submitting regular reports about project status and health. Read more about the PMC chair role on Apache projects:- https://www.apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html#pmc- https://www.apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html#pmc-chair- https://www.apache.org/foundation/faq.html#why-are-PMC-chairs-officersThe PMC as a whole is the entity that oversees and leads the project and any PMC member can be approached as a representative of the committee. A list of Apache Cassandra PMC members can be found on: https://cassandra.apache.org/_/community.htmlKind regards,Paulo