Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by kk4Nabble <ka...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/22 14:47:39 UTC

Tweaking the bean edit form.

Hi all,

Am learning Tapestry 5.

This is my bean edit form..

<t:beaneditform  object="client" t:submitLabel="Save" >

 <t:parameter name="firstName">
  <t:label for="firstName" />
  <t:textfield t:id="firstName"
    t:value="client.firstName"/>
</t:parameter>
 <t:parameter name="lastName">
  <t:label for="lastName" />
  <t:textfield t:id="lastName"
    t:value="client.lastName"/>
</t:parameter>

 </t:beaneditform>

This outputs as firstname in one div and last name in second div.

So suppose we have 20 fields in entity class will it displays everything one
below the other?

What is to be done to have firstname and last name in same row?

I am not able to override this class.

I changed DIV.t-beaneditor LABEL and DIV.t-beaneditor

But did not know how to change this?

Please suggest..

Re: Tweaking the bean edit form.

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 9:47 AM, kk4Nabble <ka...@gmail.com> wrote:
> So suppose we have 20 fields in entity class will it displays everything one
> below the other?
>
> What is to be done to have firstname and last name in same row?

In this case, maybe you are better served by not using BeanEditForm or
using BeanEditor excluding these fields from it and adding them to
your HTML by hand.

> I am not able to override this class.
> I changed DIV.t-beaneditor LABEL and DIV.t-beaneditor
> But did not know how to change this?

Take a look at the generated HTML. The label and input elements are
surrounded by a div with class t-beaneditor-row, so you have to
override div.t-beaneditor-row.

--
Thiago