Posted to general@logging.apache.org by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/21 06:45:11 UTC

Change of Apache Logging Services Chair

Dear all,

recently our long time chair Curt Arnold has expressed his wish to
step down as a chair. The PMC has then decided to recommend me for
this role. Yesterday the ASF board has confirmed this change and as of
now I have become the new chair of this project.

I would like take the chance to thank the PMC for their trust. In
addition i would like to give a big THANK YOU to Curt who was into
that role for such a long time. You put much work into Apache Logging
Services, even when there were times at which the future of the
overall project was not so bright. Now, with new committers in
log4php, log4net and log4j and an approaching major overhaul of log4j
we still have hands full to do, but we hopefully face easier times. I
am convinced, without you this new fresh breath at Logging would not
have been possible, because we would find our pages in the attic.

I wish you all well for your well deserved "break" as a chair.
Hopefully you will stay with us for another long time as PMC and
Committer. Who knows, maybe one day we'll find you again in the role
as a chair.

Thanks + Cheers,
Christian

--