Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Jeremy Mordkoff <jl...@ZeeVee.Com> on 2009/10/01 13:41:37 UTC

rpm package without neon

Hi -

I support about 20 linux systems. About ½ are still running fedora code 7, the other half are fedora core 10. Some users need to be able to manage one view from either OS.

We recently upgraded the repository to subversion 1.6 and we are rolling out the new client. Since there is no subversion 1.6 binary distribution for fedora core 7, I decided to build it myself. I have built and tested subversion 1.6.4 on one system. Now I want to roll it out to the other 10 fedora core 7 machines. I tried to build an RPM file using 'cd packages/rpm/redhat-8+; make' but that died looking for neon-devel. The packaging system seems to want neon-devel but the build seemed happy without it.

Any suggestions? Do I need to download and build neon from source?

Is there a subversion 1.6.4 build for fedora core 7?

JLM

Jeremy Mordkoff

Director, QA, IT & Release

ZeeVee, Inc.

One Monarch Drive | Littleton, MA 01460

Office: 978.467.1395 x233 | Fax: 978.467.1404

Mobile: 978-257-2183

jlm@zeevee.com <ma...@zeevee.com>

www.zeevee.com <http://www.zeevee.com/>

http://subversion.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=462&dsMessageId=2402522