Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/09 13:12:25 UTC

HTTP Server support

Hi all,

The Sling standalone application in launcher/app was based on the Apache
Felix http.jetty bundle, which (1) does not export the Servlet API
classes and (2) is not Servlet API 2.4 compliant. I am currently working
on upgrading http.jetty to a more recent Jetty version, see Felix issue
FELIX-55 [1] for details.

In the meantime, I modified the standalone application to use the OPS4J
pax-web bundle [2], which is based on Jetty 6.1, is Servlet API 2.5
compliant and also exports the Servlet API 2.5 classes.

This now should enable running the standalone application (again).

Regards
Felix

[1] http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-55
[2] http://wiki.ops4j.org/confluence/display/ops4j/Pax+Web