Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "Postmaster (Patrick von der Hagen)" <pm...@rz.uni-karlsruhe.de> on 2007/06/08 18:10:59 UTC

Quarantine messages with SA and access with web-frontend?

Hi all,

I hope to replace a proprietary antispam-appliace with SA but have one
annoying requirement: the current one keeps spam in a quarantine which
users can access with http. Using that web-frontend they can retrieve
quarantined messages.

Do you know of any software (preferably open-source) which I could use
to achive this requirement?

A possible alternative: while spamassassin is running and will be
running on a unix-server, the delivery should be done to an
exchange-server. If I had an Exchange-extension to assign the SCL based
on SA or to move messages marked by SA to special folders, I could offer
an alternative. However, most exchange-extensions "just" run
spamassassin, which I don't need and don't want at all, since the
SA-headers are already present.

Last possibility: if I had some kind of gui to support users in creating
their outlook-filters to filter based on SA-headers, that solution might
be accepted. Perhaps there is an outlook-plugin or something?

I know that I won't receive an award for "most on-topic-posting ever",
sorry about that. Please consider answering off-list.

--
CU,
   Patrick.

Re: Quarantine messages with SA and access with web-frontend?

Posted by René Berber <r....@computer.org>.
Patrick von der Hagen wrote:

> I hope to replace a proprietary antispam-appliace with SA but have one
> annoying requirement: the current one keeps spam in a quarantine which
> users can access with http. Using that web-frontend they can retrieve
> quarantined messages.
>
> Do you know of any software (preferably open-source) which I could use
> to achive this requirement?

MailScanner + MailWatch.

> A possible alternative: while spamassassin is running and will be
> running on a unix-server, the delivery should be done to an
> exchange-server. If I had an Exchange-extension to assign the SCL based
> on SA or to move messages marked by SA to special folders, I could offer
> an alternative. However, most exchange-extensions "just" run
> spamassassin, which I don't need and don't want at all, since the
> SA-headers are already present.

From where are those headers?  It's not clear form your description, since you
say you are going to replace the antispam appliance.

> Last possibility: if I had some kind of gui to support users in creating
> their outlook-filters to filter based on SA-headers, that solution might
> be accepted. Perhaps there is an outlook-plugin or something?

SpamAware (plugin for Outlook that includes SA).  They also have a product
called Exchange Server Toolbox, I have no experience with it but it may be close
to what you are looking for.
--
René Berber