Posted to dev@allura.apache.org by Cory Johns <ma...@users.sf.net> on 2013/07/01 19:02:26 UTC

[allura:tickets] #5693 Last paragraph in Allura notification mails about forum posts is

in HTML

- **QA**: Cory Johns

---

** [tickets:#5693] Last paragraph in Allura notification mails about forum posts is <h2> in HTML**

**Status:** code-review
**Labels:** 42cc
**Created:** Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:01 PM UTC by Michalis Kamburelis
**Last Updated:** Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:28 PM UTC
**Owner:** nobody

When sending notification mails about forum posts, Allura appends at the end text like

~~~~
---
[thread title](thread link)
~~~~

This means that the paragraph above will be accidentally processed by Markdown as a header (< h2 >).

For example, consider this discussion thread https://sourceforge.net/p/castle-engine/discussion/general/thread/e17a79e1/ . The last paragraph of 2nd post says "I also fixed the deprecated usage of CreateCamera that you can see mentioned in FPC messages."

Now when Allura sends me a notification mail about this forum post, it looks like this in text version:

~~~~
I also fixed the deprecated usage of CreateCamera that you can see mentioned in FPC messages.
---
[Error compiling SVN example with "make examples"](https://sourceforge.net/p/castle-engine/discussion/general/thread/e17a79e1/?limit=25#c927)

---

Sent from sourceforge.net because you indicated interest in <https://sourceforge.net/p/castle-engine/discussion/general/>

~~~~

And like this in HTML version:

~~~~
<h2 id="...">I also fixed the deprecated usage of CreateCamera that you can see mentioned in FPC messages.</h2>
<hr />
~~~~

The HTML version of the email was obviously prepared by processing text version with Markdown. And the "---" (appended automatically by Allura) caused the paragraph "I also fixed the deprecated usage" to be surrounded by < h2 >, since this is how you make headers using Markdown.

A trivial solution would probably be to just add a newline before the "---" that is appended by Allura.

---

Sent from sourceforge.net because allura-dev@incubator.apache.org is subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/allura/tickets/