Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Marco Guazzone <ma...@kerbero.com> on 2002/01/11 17:28:36 UTC

Did "Can't upgrade that kind of..." come back ?!?

Hi,
    I have written a mod_perl handler that "require" other
    Perl modules; these modules use the pragma 'warnings'
    (i.e. 'use warnings').
    When I start httpd I get this message in error log:

Can't upgrade that kind of scalar (#1)
    (P) The internal sv_upgrade routine adds "members" to an SV, making =
=3D
it
    into a more specialized kind of SV.  The top several SV types are so
    specialized, however, that they cannot be interconverted.  This
message
    indicates that such a conversion was attempted.

Uncaught exception from user code:
        Can't upgrade that kind of scalar.

If I eliminate 'use warnings' calls all is OK!
Note that I have problems only for package required when
httpd starts; infact when I process the request I, dinamically,
 require other packages (according to URI) which include
the pragma 'use warnings' and all is OK!!
I looked up in the mod_perl guide and found in the section
"Warnings and Errors Troubleshooting" that error
'Can't upgrade that kind of scalar"
was fixed in mod_perl 1.23.
Currently I use httpd 1.3.22 and mod_perl 1.26 (and perl
5.6.1)
So what's wrong!?!
Thank you in advance!!
                                Marco Guazzone