Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Mihir Solanki <mi...@patni.com> on 2005/04/25 16:20:27 UTC

showing navigation icons in the tree2 if node does not have any child

Hi,

I am using tree2 component. I have few nodes in my tree which does not have
children. I still want to show the navigation icons ("+" and "-") for such
nodes.

Can anybody tell me how can I do this?

Mihir

  _____

Patni Computer Systems Ltd.

Tel : 91 79 23240905 Ext : 413

http://www.patni.com

kindly delete  this e-mail from your records. If it appears that this
us immediately at netadmin@patni.com and delete this mail.

Re: showing navigation icons in the tree2 if node does not have any child

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.
Why would you want to do that?  It is not really standard behavior to
have expand/collapse icons if there is nothing contained in the node.
At least IMO I would not expect it.

You might be get what you want by hidding the built-in navigation
icons and lines (showNav=false showLines=false) and providing your own
nav icons through your jsp.

Otherwise you could subclass the HtmlTreeRenderer.  If you run into
problems subclassing the renderer let me know if you have a suggestion
to refactor so that it could be more easily extended.

sean