Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Affan Qureshi <qu...@etilize.com> on 2003/07/04 15:16:22 UTC

[OT] Updateable Cache Framework

We had an Application Cache implemented in our app which actually stored
frequently used objects in at application scope. Whenever that object was
modified in the DB we had to update its state in the cache too which was a
pain. I was looking for available cache frameworks that did something
similar (probably closely associated with the persistence layer) but most of
them provided "read-only" cache. I am referring to some kind of EJB
mechanism like it keeps the objects reference locked until the changes in
the persistence layer are committed and updates object states appropriately.

Has anybody had this requirement in his project? Any available caching
frameworks exist for such functionality?

Thanks for any pointers.

Regards,
Affan