Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Van Niekerk, Ida" <IV...@fnb.co.za> on 2006/11/09 13:30:31 UTC

maven-clover-plugin problem

Hi there,

I am using the maven clover plugin 2.3 and am trying to exclude files
from instrumentation. My package structure is the following :

src\main\java\za\co\fnb\ssc\dynabob\atm\somepackage\page\*.java.

I don't want the page package to be instrumented, so have added the
following into my pom.xml:

<reporting>

                        <plugins>

                                    <plugin>

<artifactId>maven-clover-plugin</artifactId>

                          <configuration>

                             <licenseFile>clover.license</licenseFile>

                              <excludes>

                                    <exclude>**/page/*.java</exclude>

                             </excludes>

                          </configuration>

                                    </plugin>

                        </plugins>

            </reporting>

But it still instruments the code, which then becomes part of my report
which then brings the code coverage percentage down. I have tried
different paths, like **/*page/*.java, **/page/** etc, but nothing seems
to work. I have been searching for answers on this site a.w.a the clover
support site, tried some of the suggestions, but nothing works. Every
time we do a build we do a clean install and have deleted the clover
database and site folder manually, but this made no difference.

Could someone please help me? Thank you very much!!!

To read FirstRand Bank's Disclaimer for this email click on the following address or copy into your Internet browser:
https://www.fnb.co.za/disclaimer.html

firstrandbankdisclaimer@fnb.co.za and we will send you a copy of the Disclaimer.

RE: maven-clover-plugin problem

Posted by "Van Niekerk, Ida" <IV...@fnb.co.za>.
Posted by Jeff Mutonho <ej...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Van Niekerk, Ida" <IV...@fnb.co.za>.
Thanks so much for your response. I have four projects and a pom.xml in
each. So it will be something like c:\Somefolder\DynabobATM\pom.xml.
Where DynabobATM is one of my projects.

> I am using the maven clover plugin 2.3 and am trying to exclude files
> from instrumentation. My package structure is the following :
>

> src\main\java\za\co\fnb\ssc\dynabob\atm\somepackage\page\*.java.
>

> I don't want the page package to be instrumented, so have added the
> following into my pom.xml:
>

> <reporting>
>
>                         <plugins>
>
>                                     <plugin>
>

> <artifactId>maven-clover-plugin</artifactId>
>
>                           <configuration>
>
>                              <licenseFile>clover.license</licenseFile>
>
>                               <excludes>
>
>                                     <exclude>**/page/*.java</exclude>
>
>                              </excludes>
>
>                           </configuration>
>

>                                     </plugin>
>

>                         </plugins>
>
>             </reporting>
>
> But it still instruments the code, which then becomes part of my
report
> which then brings the code coverage percentage down. I have tried
> different paths, like **/*page/*.java, **/page/** etc, but nothing
seems
> to work. I have been searching for answers on this site a.w.a the
clover
> support site, tried some of the suggestions, but nothing works. Every
> time we do a build we do a clean install and have deleted the clover
> database and site folder manually, but this made no difference.
>

> Could someone please help me? Thank you very much!!!

Where's your pom.xml located?

Posted by Jeff Mutonho <ej...@gmail.com>.