Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Jean-Marc Borer <jm...@gmail.com> on 2019/11/08 10:23:36 UTC

Installation issues of 11.2 behind corporate proxy

Hi guys,

Again I am having lots of issues behind my %*ç&//(/( corporate firewall.

I just tried a fresh install and when nb-javac question arrives and I
accept to download it, it fails because of redirections:

INFO [org.netbeans.modules.autoupdate.services.InstallSupportImpl]: Trying
external URL:
https://netbeans.osuosl.org/binaries/344C8C2A8B421A52ABE725A677BF75659C17FEB6-nb-javac-13-impl.jar
INFO [org.netbeans.modules.autoupdate.services.InstallSupportImpl]: Trying
external URL:
https://netbeans.osuosl.org/binaries/8250FAEF60A423DA3D5EFA0EE699FB69D906D86C-nb-javac-13-api.jar
INFO [org.netbeans.modules.autoupdate.services.InstallSupportImpl]: Server
returned HTTP response code: 502 for URL:
http://www.pirbot.com/mirrors/apache/netbeans/netbeans/11.2/nbms/java/org-netbeans-modules-java-source-nbjavac.nbm
java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 502 for URL:
http://www.pirbot.com/mirrors/apache/netbeans/netbeans/11.2/nbms/java/org-netbeans-modules-java-source-nbjavac.nbm
at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream0(HttpURLConnection.java:1900)
at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.access$200(HttpURLConnection.java:92)
at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection$9.run(HttpURLConnection.java:1490)
at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection$9.run(HttpURLConnection.java:1488)
at
java.security.AccessController.doPrivilegedWithCombiner(AccessController.java:784)
at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:1487)
at java.net.HttpURLConnection.getResponseCode(HttpURLConnection.java:480)
at
org.netbeans.modules.autoupdate.updateprovider.NetworkAccess.checkRedirect(NetworkAccess.java:241)
at
org.netbeans.modules.autoupdate.updateprovider.NetworkAccess.access$700(NetworkAccess.java:57)
at
org.netbeans.modules.autoupdate.updateprovider.NetworkAccess$Task$2.call(NetworkAccess.java:160)
Caused: java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 502 for
at
sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62)
at
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:423)
at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection$10.run(HttpURLConnection.java:1950)
at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection$10.run(HttpURLConnection.java:1945)
at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getChainedException(HttpURLConnection.java:1944)
at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream0(HttpURLConnection.java:1514)
at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.access$200(HttpURLConnection.java:92)
at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection$9.run(HttpURLConnection.java:1490)
at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection$9.run(HttpURLConnection.java:1488)
at
java.security.AccessController.doPrivilegedWithCombiner(AccessController.java:784)
at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:1487)
at
org.netbeans.modules.autoupdate.updateprovider.NetworkAccess$Task$2.call(NetworkAccess.java:168)
[catch] at
org.netbeans.modules.autoupdate.updateprovider.NetworkAccess$Task$2.call(NetworkAccess.java:138)
at
at
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
INFO [org.netbeans.modules.autoupdate.services.InstallSupportImpl]: Cannot
access
https://netbeans.apache.org/nb/updates/11.2/java/org-netbeans-modules-java-source-nbjavac.nbm

When I try the link  https://netbeans.apache.org .... in my browser, it
gets redirected to mirror that, of course is not white listed.

So firstable from the logs http://www.pirbot.com deosn't work at all at the
time I am writing this message and second as much as I understand
mirroring, guys, this is just not possible for people like me that are
stuck behind a very restrictive web proxy. We cannot ask to white list the
whole planet and moreover I don't even know the list of possible mirrors.

I know there are distribution issues, but why isn't there a possibility or
instructions how to download separately the missing modules that cannot be
bundled with NB?

Finally, I already asked about nb-javac on this list. Now, as far as I
understand, due to bug https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/1604 nb-javac
should not be used or you might get big trouble renaming Java code. If this
is true, why is NB only providing the option to download this version? For
info, my projects need JDK 8

Cheers,

Jean-Marc

Re: Re: Installation issues of 11.2 behind corporate proxy

Posted by Eric Bresie <eb...@gmail.com>.
Not sure if this is of help to anyone else, but given I've been
troubleshooting some of the problems with downloading the nb-javac plugin
behind a corporate firewall, I believe I've finally figured out how to get
past this..

I think the issue is basic CA certification management issue.  Essentially
the proxy and/or site related SSL authority is not present in the cacert
keystore so after determining the details of the ca authority (of proxy
and/or the site) and importing into the in use cacert store used, I seemed
to be able to start getting past this going forward.

For additional details see
https://medium.com/@codebyamir/the-java-developers-guide-to-ssl-certificates-b78142b3a0fc

Eric Bresie
ebresie@gmail.com

Posted by Eric Bresie <eb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Marc Borer <jm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jean-Marc Borer <jm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@apache.org>.
We're figuring out how to vote on and release patches, in particular in
light of the fix for nb-javac.

Here's the current NBM for nb-javac: