Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com> on 1998/03/21 23:02:10 UTC

what an... erm... interesting place for a Usenet post on Apache

>From: rkyoung@austin1.com (Rory K. Young)
>Newsgroups: alt.fan.john-denver
>Subject: FAMILY:Our WebServer, Apache, is written up on MSNBC!
>Date: 20 Mar 1998 23:39:12 GMT

in this article, because it mentioned WebTv. Alot of you have that, right? If so, my pages shouldn't be that much different from your own local pages... just a thought. Rory,
Here are two excerpts:
      Now Apache server software is used by an impressive range of companies and organizations to run their Web sites, including Kimberly-Clark Corp., McDonald’s Corp. and Texas Instruments Inc., as well as the New York Yankees and the Atlanta Braves. By some estimates, Apache is in place at close to half of the two million Web sites on the Internet, more than double the share held by Microsoft Corp. or Netscape Communications Corp.
       Today Apache is said to have a 47% share of the Internet server market compared with 22% for Microsoft and about 10% for Netscape, according to Netcraft Ltd., a British consulting firm. Other sources reject those figures for several reasons, including that among the private internal intranets that companies install, Microsoft and particularly Netscape hold the lead. Still, even Microsoft’s newly acquired subsidiaries  Hotmail Corp. and WebTV Networks Inc. use Apache software on their Web sites.

Rory K. Young <rk...@austin1.com>
Sachse, TX USA
 - Friday, March 20, 1998 at 17:43:59 (CST)

   This article was posted from The World Family of John Denver
   Gathering Center, at http://www.austin1.com/JD/memobook.html.

   You are invited to drop by and join in on the celebration of
   life, and the wonder of living.