Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Dave Meikle <da...@relentlesstechnology.com> on 2006/09/28 20:57:14 UTC

embedded images with commons.mail shows attachment

I'm writing an application that can send an HTML message (and alternate text), using embedded images in the message (cid).  the program works fine, unfortunately, if I specify an alternate text for people who cannot receive html messages the recipient's email client shows a paper clip in the inbox. when you view the message itself, there are no attachments and all the images display properly.  if I don't add alternate text it's fine.  this is important, because many spam filters see this as spam, so I need it to NOT have the paper clip.

I saw an article in a forum where someone mentioned the ORDER of which the mail message is made is important (although i have not confirmed this).  they said it needs to be multipart, text, then html...like this:

//plain text message here

//html message here

what I'm receiving is in this order:

how do I get around this?