Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Paul Foxworthy <pa...@cohsoft.com.au> on 2012/10/11 08:35:45 UTC

Is there any difference between "Remaining" and "Outstanding" in orderitems.ftl?

In trunk in applications/order/webapp/ordermgr/order/orderitems.ftl, have a
look at lines 224 to 290

(see
https://fisheye6.atlassian.com/browse/ofbiz/trunk/applications/order/webapp/ordermgr/order/orderitems.ftl?hb=true#to224)

Lines 224 to 238 establish values for the variables shippedQuantity and
totalReceived

<#assign shippedQuantity =
orderReadHelper.getItemShippedQuantity(orderItem)>
<#assign shipmentReceipts = delegator.findByAnd("ShipmentReceipt",
{"orderId" : orderHeader.getString("orderId"), "orderItemSeqId" :
orderItem.orderItemSeqId}, null, false)/>
<#assign totalReceived = 0.0>
<#if shipmentReceipts?exists && shipmentReceipts?has_content>
    <#list shipmentReceipts as shipmentReceipt>
    <#if shipmentReceipt.quantityAccepted?exists &&
shipmentReceipt.quantityAccepted?has_content>
         <#assign  quantityAccepted = shipmentReceipt.quantityAccepted>
         <#assign totalReceived = quantityAccepted + totalReceived>
     </#if>
     <#if shipmentReceipt.quantityRejected?exists &&
shipmentReceipt.quantityRejected?has_content>
          <#assign  quantityRejected = shipmentReceipt.quantityRejected>
          <#assign totalReceived = quantityRejected + totalReceived>
      </#if>
   </#list>
</#if>

Then they are used to calculate a value for remainingQuantity. The
calculation is different for sales and purchase orders.

<#if orderHeader.orderTypeId == "PURCHASE_ORDER">
    <#assign remainingQuantity = ((orderItem.quantity?default(0) -
orderItem.cancelQuantity?default(0)) - totalReceived?double)>
<#else>
     <#assign remainingQuantity = ((orderItem.quantity?default(0) -
orderItem.cancelQuantity?default(0)) - shippedQuantity?double)>
</#if>

After a couple of rows in the table, we have this on lines 272 to 277
*${uiLabelMap.OrderRemaining}*
    	${remainingQuantity}
    	*${uiLabelMap.OrderQtyShipped}*
     	${shippedQuantity}

Then immediately after that

    	*${uiLabelMap.OrderShortfalled}*
    	${shortfalledQuantity}
    	*${uiLabelMap.OrderOutstanding}*

         <#-- Make sure digital goods without shipments don't always remain
"outstanding": if item is completed, it must have no outstanding quantity.
-->
         <#if (orderItem.statusId?has_content) && (orderItem.statusId ==
"ITEM_COMPLETED")>
                                                           0
         <#elseif orderHeader.orderTypeId == "PURCHASE_ORDER">
              ${(orderItem.quantity?default(0) -
orderItem.cancelQuantity?default(0)) - totalReceived?double}
         <#elseif orderHeader.orderTypeId == "SALES_ORDER">
              ${(orderItem.quantity?default(0) -
orderItem.cancelQuantity?default(0)) - shippedQuantity?double}
          </#if>

The only difference I can see between the Remaining and Outstanding numbers
is the extra test the second time to force outstanding number to zero for a
status of ITEM_COMPLETED. As the comment says, some goods won't need a
shipment. In that case, it seems confusing and ridiculous to say some items
are "remaining" but none are "outstanding". In other words, the calculation
for outstanding is slightly better.

I see no reason to show both "Remaining" and "Outstanding". They seem
logically equivalent. Am I missing something? Or should we remove one of the
two?

Cheers

Paul Foxworthy

-----
--
Coherent Software Australia Pty Ltd
http://www.cohsoft.com.au/

Bonsai ERP, the all-inclusive ERP system
http://www.bonsaierp.com.au/

Re: Is there any difference between "Remaining" and "Outstanding" in orderitems.ftl?

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Paul,

Seems nobody never answered and the situation has not changed.

I suggest to create a Jira where it will be easier to read, exchange and focus.

Thanks

Jacques