Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Grégory PAUL <g....@ideotechnologies.com> on 2006/07/05 15:51:11 UTC

Problem with maven-changes-plugin

Hi,

I try to use the maven-changes-plugin with a "changes.xml" file (like
http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-02-2006/jw-0227-maven-p2.html on
part "Change and configuration management") but I've got a
NullPointerException.

*Here is my error message on launching "mvn site" : *
Downloading:
http://www.ibiblio.net/pub/packages/maven2/maven/maven-changes-plugin/1.5.1/maven-changes-plugin-1.5.1.pom

2K downloaded
Downloading:
http://dist.codehaus.org/maven/maven-changes-plugin/1.5.1/maven-changes-plugin-1.5.1.jar
[WARNING] Unable to get resource from repository codehaus-plugins
(http://dist.codehaus.org)
Downloading:
http://www.ibiblio.net/pub/packages/maven2/maven/maven-changes-plugin/1.5.1/maven-changes-plugin-1.5.1.jar
15K downloaded
[INFO]
[ERROR] FATAL ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] null
[INFO]
[INFO] Trace
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.addPlugin(DefaultPluginManager.java:292)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.verifyVersionedPlugin(DefaultPluginManager.java:198)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.verifyReportPlugin(DefaultPluginManager.java:487)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.verifyReportPlugin(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:1292)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.getReports(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:657)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.getReports(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:645)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:512)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLifecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:454)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.j
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:273)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:140)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:322)
        at
        at
        at
        at
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 9 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Wed Jul 05 15:43:56 CEST 2006
[INFO] Final Memory: 12M/22M
[INFO]

*Here is the report part of my pom.xml :
*---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<reporting>
    <plugins>
      <plugin>
          <groupId>maven</groupId>
          <artifactId>maven-changes-plugin</artifactId>
            <reportSets>
              <reportSet>
                <reports>
                  <report>changes-report</report>
                </reports>
              </reportSet>
           </reportSets>
      </plugin>
    </plugins>
  </reporting>

Am I alone to have that bug ?

Grégory

Re: Problem with maven-changes-plugin

Posted by Grégory PAUL <g....@ideotechnologies.com>.
Ok, thanks a lot.
I'll try that !

Grégory

Posted by Grégory PAUL <g....@ideotechnologies.com>.
Ok, now it's working.

By the way, the good URL to check out sources for maven-changes-plugin is :
    svn checkout
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/sandbox/plugins/maven-changes-plugin

Thanks a lot Jochen,
Grégory

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.

--
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the
majority, it is time to pause and reflect.