Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by kaffeesurrogat <ka...@posteo.de> on 2020/12/16 15:00:44 UTC

MaxThreads for kurento

Dear list,

today my kurento-media-server crashed, because i had three guests + me
in one room.

All of them tried tu use cam+mic.

sudo watch -n 10 systemctl status kurento-media-server

gave me a number of tasks which was close to the limit and i found the
following in my logs:

(openmeetings.log)

ARN 12-16 10:18:16.279 o.a.o.c.r.KurentoHandler:139 [Thread-10] - Media
Server is not accessible

(kurento-media-server)

  creating thread 'KmsLoop': Error creating thread: Resource temporarily
unavailable

according to

https://doc-kurento.readthedocs.io/en/latest/user/troubleshooting.html

this is due to the limit of threads given.

I changed the line

#DefaultTasksMax=

DefaultTasksMax=600

in

/etc/systemd/system.conf

After

|systemctl daemon-reexec

I did a check with all my machines. Now the number of threads is well
below the limit.

Wondering what is going to happen, if i add more than four users and if
it is  a good thing to do, to increase the number of tasks systemwide .... ?

In the docs they mention a way to set the limit on a per user bases, but
i didn't figure out how to do this ......

Greetings,

kafeesurrogat

Re: MaxThreads for kurento

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, 17 Dec 2020 at 16:58, K. Kamhamea <ka...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> I recently came to learn that server performance data are crucial as well:
> For instance, 16G is definitely too small a RAM for a media server and a
> fast processor with at least 12 cores and a fast Internt connection
> (>=1GBits/s) also are essential ingresients.
> In my opinion, a TURN Server can be omitted as I tested recently (see my
> other post). It rather turns down server performance. In my opinion a TURN
> server is only necessary if the Media server resides in a private subnet.

this is false assumption :(
TURN is required if any of the participants or KMS are behind FW and/or use
some virtual network

--
Best regards,
Maxim