Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Leo Simons <ma...@leosimons.com> on 2001/03/18 10:53:11 UTC

[OT] introduction

Hi all! Since I'm now officially committer, it
seems like a good idea to tell you all a little
'bout myself.

My name is Leo Simons, I'm 17 years old, live in
Amersfoort, The Netherlands, in my last year of
secondary school, planning a working holiday in
Australia after that (anyone have a position for
Java Trainee vacant in or around Syndey?), and
intend to go and study Technical Physics when
I get back.

I started out programming at age 9, writing simple
games for the Amiga 500. Moved to qBasic and then
JavaScript when I got an internet connection.
Learned about real programming languages like C++
and spent time as a script kiddie.
Next came the development of a content publishing
and authoring system in PHP (www.atfantasy.com).
When PHP couldn't suffice anymore, delved into
Apache HTTP, tried writing a mod for it, found it
to difficult, and looking for an better solution
found Java.
Got hooked to it, teached myself how to program it,
lurked on various OS email lists, forgot all about
AtFantasy and dove into enterprise java.
Which brings me to avalon.

Other things I do include running a small webdesign
company with my friend Joost (www.the-sign.nl),
drinking beer, playing RPGs, writing (short stories
and bad poetry) and sailing. Occasionally, I study.
My favorite activity though, as you might have
noticed by now, is ranting about everything
eternally.

Time to shut up again, I guess. I hope to learn lots
from all of you, contribute as much as I can to the
success of Avalon, and that y'all don't get too mad
when I manage to bring all apache servers to a full
stop.

cheers!

LSD

<java:sig>