Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by "Kumar, Ritesh (GEP, Contractor)" <Ri...@gepex.ge.com> on 2000/10/12 17:14:01 UTC

Is this a bug??????????

Hi
     It seems there is a bug in the xalan DefaultApplyXSL servlet. (I am not
sure.............)
If the encoding in xsl file is UTF-8 , and the encoding is UTF-16 in xml
file (The xml files has been saved in unicode format because it has Japanese
characters) and when the files are exceuted at the command prompt the output
is ok. But when the same files are executed through DefaultapplyXSL servlet
from the browser then either we get Exception on the browser
500 Internal Server Error
Exception occurred during Transformation:
Parsing XML Document from request parameter:
http://39XB10B/Not_Again/Jp/molded_functionality.xml
Parsing XSL Stylesheet Document from request parameter:
http://39XB10B/Not_Again/Jp/introduction.xsl
Parsing XML Document from request parameter:
http://39XB10B/Not_Again/Jp/molded_functionality.xml
sun.io.CharToByteUTF-8

or junk characters in place of Japanese characters.

Please clarify/suggest....................

Regards,
Ritesh Kumar