Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by "Paras, Frederick" <Fr...@qwest.com> on 2001/12/12 21:11:50 UTC

SOAPException while invoking method...Involves instantiation

I am making a SOAP call and invoking this method:

public static Credential authenticate(long enterpriseId, String loginId,
String password)

and after the call: resp = call.invoke(url, "");

i get a soap exception:

[SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Client; msg=Unable to instantiate
'com.qwest.
bbq.security.authentication.Credential':
com/qwest/bbq/security/authentication/C
redential; targetException=java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unable to
instant
iate 'com.qwest.bbq.security.authentication.Credential':
com/qwest/bbq/security/
authentication/Credential]
        at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.invoke(Call.java:246)
        at samples.qc.authentication.Authenticate.main(Authenticate.java:64)

Any idea as to why this occurs.  I've made the mappings in the
DeploymentDescriptor.xml file and I mapped the types in my clien program.
Am I missing something???  Thanks.

Frederick V. Paras
Software Engineer
Qwest Information Technology