Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net> on 2011/09/03 17:44:56 UTC

ofbiz with no JavaScript

For sometime I have been promoting ofbiz to a larger Company.
it is National with headquarters in One City and Multiple manufacturing
and Assembly Plants in multiple States.
They use VPN to tie all together.

My contact was impressed in ofbiz I showed him on the Demo site, while
he was at home. He went to show others at work and it did not work well.
His Company has a security rule that does not allow any JavaScript into
their computers, as well all their internal websites can not use javascript.

You can See the results by disabling JavaScript in your browser and look
at the Ofbiz Demo.

I have been given to the end of Sept to come up with a proposal on
delivering the functionality but without JavaScript.
The staffing for doing this is an additional 10-20 positions for 1-5 years.

My problem is I have not found  enough people that:
1)Understand the Design of Ofbiz
2)Understand the Modeling used based on the videos David did
3)willing to work with the tools that was developed in Ofbiz.
4)Know Ofbiz well enough to reuse code already available.
5)be able to develop code that will do the what is done in JavaScript
but no use javascript.

This project is worth 100's thousand US dollars. Of that, I am willing
of use 10% to fund those working on the project to augment ofbiz in the
same spirit.

The focus of this email is maybe the ofbiz team should re-think the
direction OFbiz is going.

Re: ofbiz with no JavaScript

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
Hi Ruth:
it seems like double work, but do first design everything using the
<handler name="ftl" type="view"
class="org.ofbiz.webapp.ftl.FreeMarkerViewHandler"/>
    <handler name="http" type="view"
class="org.ofbiz.webapp.view.HttpViewHandler"/>
along with widgets to created the functionality is my first Goal.
this of course would generate all HTML, that has no "routines" in it.

Then build output of any one of many other Handlers to generate the
output that is enhanced but changed in the controller view-map calls.

I have not come up with a way  to deactivate a specific view-map based
on  view-map.type

Ruth Hoffman sent the following on 9/3/2011 12:28 PM:

Re: ofbiz with no JavaScript

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
Thanks
I am busy doing a Design review of the complete ofbiz finding all the
commits that need to be revised.
I put the original of this email thread in the Jira. Will put what you
have in the Jira in my project manager to track resources needed.

Jacques Le Roux sent the following on 9/4/2011 4:23 AM:

Re: ofbiz with no JavaScript

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

From: "BJ Freeman" <bj...@free-man.net>

Re: ofbiz with no JavaScript