Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Phil Brown <br...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/03 20:25:13 UTC

address strings

Hi,

I am having an issue with address strings.  About 1/2 of the client
applications are still using the qpid client api and the rest are using qpid
messaging api.  It isn't quite feasible to change the older apps at this
particular instance.

The server creates a queue using the messaging api:

session.CreateReceiver("my_queue; {create: always}";

The older clients are declaring the "my_queue" using routing key
"my_routing_key"  and sending messages via "amq.direct/my_routing_key".

Is there a way to declare my server's receiver address such that it will
handle messages sent either directly to the queue or via
"amq.direct/my_routing_key"?

Thanks so much for you time and help!

      Phil.

Re: address strings

Posted by Phil Brown <br...@gmail.com>.
That did the trick!  Thank you so very much for your help!

Re: address strings

Posted by Phil Brown <br...@gmail.com>.
Thanks so much for the help!!!   In this case, it is preferred to receive the messages all on one queue.  When all the other clients have been updated, then I can go back to the basic queue creation string.  For now just looking for one inbound queue on the server.

Thanks again for the help!!!

Re: address strings

Posted by Ted Ross <tr...@redhat.com>.

RE: address strings