Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2018/11/02 16:15:12 UTC

[VOTE] uimaj-2.10.3 rc1

Hi,

uimaj-2.10.3 rc1 is posted and ready for voting.

The issues fixed are here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/UIMA/versions/12342083

Major changes are:
-----------------
The minimum Java version was changed from 7 to 8.
The code and the build was adjusted to work ok using both Java 8 and Java 11.
The class loading when using the UIMA Class Loader was modified to include using
the Thread's Context Class Loader (if set).
Fixed some edge case performance issues were fixed.
Fixed PEAR installation to no longer lock files.
Pear Specifier parameters now passed to the wrapped Analysis Engine.
Implemented a destroy() method for ResourceManager which closes its UIMAClassLoader.

The source and binary tar/zips are here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/uima/uimaj/2.10.3-rc1/artifacts/

The eclipse update subsite is here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/uima/uimaj/2.10.3-rc1/uima/

The maven staging repo is here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheuima-1202/

SVN tag: https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/uima/uimaj/tags/uimaj-2.10.3/

Known issue: It appears the Eclipse update site "publish" utility adds .sha1 and .md5 signatures; this might be needed by the Eclipse install-software facility, so I didn't remove them.

Built using the latest maven (version 3.6.0), and the latest uima-wide parent
pom (version 12).
Built using Java 8.

Please vote on release:

[ ] +1 OK to release
[ ] 0   Don't care
[ ] -1 Not OK to release, because ...

Thanks.

-Marshall

Re: [VOTE] uimaj-2.10.3 rc1

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
typo in eclipse update site - last bit:
change /uima/ to /uimaj/

Sorry about that. -M

Re: [VOTE][CANCELLED] uimaj-2.10.3 rc1

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
due to backwards compatibility issue in use of ThreadLocal Context Class Loader
change.

Re: [VOTE] uimaj-2.10.3 rc1

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
Testing reveals some issue with the new thread-local-enabled classloader
mechanism.  Investigating, and probably will need to do another RC.