Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by James Farrier <j....@tecsphere.com> on 2003/06/27 14:57:35 UTC

TOKEN in struts

Hi All,

I am load testing a Struts Web application. I have just noticed that
some of my requests (after recording them) have a parameter in them
which is a org.apache.struts.taglib.html.TOKEN.

Do I need to worry about these and if so I do I handle them.

Thanks in advance

James

Re: TOKEN in struts

Posted by Joseph Fifield <jf...@programmerplanet.org>.
Struts uses that token value to ensure that requests happen in a specific
order, and is used frequently to prevent double posts. When a token is used,
Struts will set a hidden form field named
org.apache.struts.taglib.html.TOKEN to some random value it generates. When
the next request is made, the application will likely check that the token
value posted matches the last one generated by struts.

I'm not exactly sure how you would do this in JMeter, but...you would
somehow need to read the token value from one response, and submit the same
value in the next request. Otherwise, depending on how the application
handles the condition, the request may fail.

Hope this helps...

Joe