Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by dzoni <ch...@zf.com> on 2020/03/16 10:20:48 UTC

Change Field: "hostName" by custom value

Hello there,

how can i Change in the Karaf or in the Decanter configurartions the field
"hostname" by a custom value?

*My Use-Case is:*

I'm monitoring data of my Java Applikations in Kibana.

I'm running my Applikations in different Karafs,

so i want to view in the Kibana Dashboards from which Karaf are coming the
Log-Messages,
so i can seperate this in Kibana by the customized hostname.

In which configuration i have to Chance something?

thanks a lot.

greetings
dzoni

--
Sent from: http://karaf.922171.n3.nabble.com/Karaf-Dev-f930721.html

Re: Change Field: "hostName" by custom value

Posted by dzoni <ch...@zf.com>.
im using Appender-log but in the feature of the log-collector
i custumized the log-Appender Java class of the log-collecoter

my case is

running Java applications in Karaf and im getting the Messages with this
Features into elasticsearch

- log-collector
- jmx-collector
- elasticsearch-appender

Posted by Francois Papon <fr...@openobject.fr>.
Which appender are you using?

appender-log or appender-file?

François
fpapon@apache.org

Posted by Francois Papon <fr...@openobject.fr>.
Hi,

You can add some custom key/value in the collector/appender configuration files.

regards,

François
fpapon@apache.org