Posted to dev@jakarta.apache.org by Milamber <mi...@apache.org> on 2010/12/02 08:34:54 UTC

Re: [JMeter] HTTP Sampler consolidation of implementations

Hello,

I have tested your changes from svn. I have these issues:
* on HTTP Proxy server, in HTTP Sampler settings section, Type combo
list says "HTTP Request" and "HTTP Request HTTPClient". Does have not
need to change to Java, HC3.1, HC4? (classes ProxyControlGUI and Proxy)

* On HTTP Request and HTTP Request Defaults, Content encoding's white
box disappears when you reduce the JMeter window's width. On my screen
(1440x900), when I launch JMeter trunk, with the initial JMeter size, on
the HTTP Request sampler, I don't see the white box of Content encoding
(label still visible)
(I thinks the problem is the FlowLayout in JPanel from UrlConfigGui)

Milamber

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 6 December 2010 21:45, Milamber <mi...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have got last checkout last JMeter SVN, and executed ant's task dist.
> With a simple test plan, I have this error with a new HTTP HC4 sampler:
>
> 2010/12/06 21:08:45 ERROR - jmeter.threads.JMeterThread: Error while
> processing sampler 'Page2' :
> org.apache.commons.lang.NotImplementedException: Code is not implemented
>        at
> org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPHC4Impl.sample(HTTPHC4Impl.java:43)
>        at
> org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerProxy.sample(HTTPSamplerProxy.java:62)
>        at
> org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.sample(HTTPSamplerBase.java:970)
>        at
> org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.sample(HTTPSamplerBase.java:956)
>        at
> org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.process_sampler(JMeterThread.java:369)
>        at org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.run(JMeterThread.java:262)
>        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
>
> Have I forgot something?

No - I've not yet finished working on the HC4 sampler.

Posted by Milamber <mi...@apache.org>.
Hello,

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 6 December 2010 08:12, Milamber <mi...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
>>> Previously, the "Web Server" section immediately above stopped this
>>> happening, because it has a minimum size that is slightly larger than
>>> was needed for the Protocol/Method/Encoding
>>>
>>> The screen is already quite tall, so I did not want to add another line to it.
>>>
>>> I can maybe shorten some of the labels as well - e.g. change "Protocol
>>> (default http)" to "Protocol ([http])" - this should still be clear
>>> enough.
>>>
>> Done.
>>

> Perhaps [http] is better than ([http]), more readable?

Good point, you're right - and it's shorter.

Posted by Milamber <mi...@apache.org>.
Hello,

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 2 December 2010 12:59, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2 December 2010 07:34, Milamber <mi...@apache.org> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have tested your changes from svn. I have these issues:
>> * on HTTP Proxy server, in HTTP Sampler settings section, Type combo
>> list says "HTTP Request" and "HTTP Request HTTPClient". Does have not
>> need to change to Java, HC3.1, HC4? (classes ProxyControlGUI and Proxy)
>
> Good point; I'll fix that.

Done.

>> * On HTTP Request and HTTP Request Defaults, Content encoding's white
>> box disappears when you reduce the JMeter window's width. On my screen
>> (1440x900), when I launch JMeter trunk, with the initial JMeter size, on
>> the HTTP Request sampler, I don't see the white box of Content encoding
>> (label still visible)
>> (I thinks the problem is the FlowLayout in JPanel from UrlConfigGui)
>
> Yes, I need to fix that too.

Done.

Turned out to be quite easy - just needed to set the minimum size for the panel.

> Previously, the "Web Server" section immediately above stopped this
> happening, because it has a minimum size that is slightly larger than
> was needed for the Protocol/Method/Encoding
>
> The screen is already quite tall, so I did not want to add another line to it.
>
> I can maybe shorten some of the labels as well - e.g. change "Protocol
> (default http)" to "Protocol ([http])" - this should still be clear
> enough.

Done.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.