Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch> on 2006/05/30 18:03:29 UTC

Renderer feedback

I think the AFP and PCL renderers are now pretty much ready to be
promoted from the sandbox. Are there any people on this list who have
tried those renderers so they could give some feedback?

With my latest change the Java2D renderer (and descendents) are now
pretty much up to the same quality as PDF and PS output. The AFP and PCL
renderers are not far behind. The restrictions for these two are mostly
related to restrictions of the output format itself. The AFP renderer
may be able to profit a little from taking a few ideas from the PCL
renderer (border and text painting) but I think it's fine for now.

Jeremias Maerki

Re: Renderer feedback

Posted by Christian Geisert <ch...@isu-gmbh.de>.
Jeremias Maerki schrieb:
> I think the AFP and PCL renderers are now pretty much ready to be
> promoted from the sandbox. Are there any people on this list who have
> tried those renderers so they could give some feedback?

I tried the PCL renderer with a few documents on a Brother HL1270N and
those looked good but there were small differences with the PS versions.
I'll hope to find some time soon to have a closer look at this.

Christian