Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Chris Kimpton <ki...@yahoo.com> on 2001/11/17 14:31:46 UTC

RE: How to send a language specific "subject" for new userconfirm ation e-mail

Hi,

--- "Ignacio J. Ortega" <na...@siapi.es> wrote:

> > If I provide a list of english template files, can you
> > translate them to
> > spanish for inclusion in the distribution?
>
> Of course.. but i would prefer only use *.properties for that job..
> dont think it's a good idea to use the directory based localization
> service as it's now general localization if it's not really needed,
> this
> way simply doubles the maintenance effort .. whenever templates
> change
> we will need to update a couple or more files.. error prone and
> very
> unpractical..
>
> Rather i see only a set of templates, crafted for "roman" lenguages
> and
> using localization strings inside, and only using separated
> templates
> for languages that really need it..
>
> What do you think..?

Umm interesting, I can see your point that maintaining lots of files
is a pain - but its just feels(?) nicer to put the whole text into
the template - rather than 3 or 4 localization strings around dynamic
bits....

And having one big file (per language) full of localization strings -
that maybe unused now... - seems a bit cumbersome too...

Maybe its just a bit more disciplined than I have been to date... ;-)

But I will follow the crowd.

Chris

=====
Need somewhere to Live in London? - Then go to http://freeflats.com