Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Sergio Arrighi <se...@iminholding.com> on 2009/11/17 12:05:42 UTC

Axis web service performance

Hello,

I'm facing a performance problem.
First of all let me tell you that I'm quite a biginner with axis and web
services.
I've written a web service on axis 1.4 and Apache Tomcat 6.0.20 mounted
on a Windows 2003 Server machine 64 bit.
With one request the web service takes something like 15 seconds to
responde.
I'm now trying to understand how this web service behaves under a
reasonable work load.
I'm using jmeter (a load testing tool with SOAP functionalities) to send
100 simultaneous requests to my web service.
What I see is that the request are queued up and they get served one by
one, so the first one takes 15 seconds while the last one takes
something like 3 minutes!
Is there a way to speed up thing? Is there a way to obtain a certain
level of parallelism in request processing?? If so which architecural
(in terms of both hardware or software) modifications could improve the
performance of this web service?? Any hints or pointers will be more
than appreciated!
Thanks in advance,

Sergio

--
	*I.M.I.N. Holding s.r.l.*
Sergio Arrighi

Vicolo Molino, 2
21052 Busto Arsizio
Varese
Tel. +39 0331324679
Fax. +39 0331324678
www.iminholding.com

RE: Axis web service performance

Posted by "Merritt, Norris" <no...@hp.com>.
Seems to me this is more likely to be a JMeter configuration issue than an Axis issue,
See http://old.nabble.com/Running-multiple-requests-in-parallel-td10011672.html

Posted by Sergio Arrighi <se...@iminholding.com>.
Hi,

Posted by "Caristi, Joe" <jc...@whisolutions.com>.