Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Evan Marchman <em...@evermoresystems.com> on 2023/01/11 17:28:10 UTC

Issue with console proxy for remote zones

I am testing cloudstack 4.17 and hit a snag on console proxies.
Console proxy works as expected in my primary zone. I have a remote,
off-site zone and the console proxy does not work. Connections to remote
consoles timeout. I don't see any actionable error logs, though I may not
be looking in the right place. (Note, I'm a CloudStack newbie.)

The VPN connection between sites is correctly routing both the management
and public subnets. I can add hosts and create VM instances without issue.
Both system VMs (secondary storage and console proxy) are online and green
for the remote zone. I can ssh into the remote console proxy and everything
looks fine.

Debug suggestions are welcomed!

Thanks,
Evan

Re: Issue with console proxy for remote zones

Posted by Evan Marchman <em...@evermoresystems.com>.
Thanks Cu, that pointed me down the right path. I verified both port 80 and
8080 are open on the console proxy and accessible from both sides of the
VPN (used  nmap). I'm not using SSL. But after a quick bit of testing I
realized the remote subnet was not being routed over my personal VPN
connection to the primary zone. Everything works after fixing my personal
vpn routing.

Thanks for the help!

-Evan

Posted by Swen <me...@swen.io>.