Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Dave Whitehouse <da...@xnet.co.nz> on 2012/10/27 02:59:12 UTC

Uninstalling Open Office

I wish to uninstall and then re-install Open Office.
The reason is I am unable to open the Open Office because I have a drop-down box which tells me I need to 'restore windows of open office' and rfe-reghister or something similar.
I cannot get rid of this drop-down and cannot open the application.
I am not very happy at the moment and the iMac (I use) has an application called 'Pages' which is looking pretty good at the moment.

Please tell me how to uninstall open office. I do not have an 'uninstall' icon anywhere.

Helllllp!
Regards
Dave

Dave & Anna Whitehouse
33 Parkside Drive,
Orewa, Auckland 0931
New Zealand
64-09-959-0203
daveandannaw@xnet.co.nz

Re: Uninstalling Open Office

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 7:56 PM, Larry Gusaas <la...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On 2012-10-26 6:59 PM Dave Whitehouse wrote:
>
>> I wish to uninstall and then re-install Open Office.
>> The reason is I am unable to open the Open Office because I have a
>> drop-down box which tells me I need to 'restore windows of open office' and
>> rfe-reghister or something similar.
>> I cannot get rid of this drop-down and cannot open the application.
>>

> See this thread on the OpenOffice community forum for the solution to your
> problem.
> http://forum.openoffice.org/**en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=**55755<http://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=55755>
>

>  I am not very happy at the moment and the iMac (I use) has an application
>> called 'Pages' which is looking pretty good at the moment.
>>
>> Please tell me how to uninstall open office. I do not have an 'uninstall'
>> icon anywhere.
>>

> The same way you uninstall most programs on a Mac. Delete the app from
> your Applications folder.
>
> No need to though. Just follow the instructions on the link I posted above.
>
> --
>
> As a courtesy I have sent a copy of this reply to you as well as to the
>
> For user support you can also use The OpenOffice.org Community Forum
> http://user.services.**openoffice.org/en/forum/<http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/>
>
> ______________________________**___
>
> Larry I. Gusaas
> Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada
> Website: http://larry-gusaas.com
> "An artist is never ahead of his time but most people are far behind
> theirs." - Edgard Varese

We seem to have a number of issues related to "un-installation" on all
platforms. We have a number of install docs on the wiki in the
Documentation area, but really nothing on "uninstalling". Maybe time to
create some uninstall docs for the various platforms we have?

Just a thought.

MzK

 dealt  with a cat."
                                                -- Robert Heinlein