Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by RobinUs2 <ro...@us2.nl> on 2011/10/27 22:25:44 UTC

SimpleAuthenticator missing in Cassandra 1.0

It seems that org.apache.cassandra.auth.SimpleAuthenticator is missing in the
cassandra 1.0 binaries. Is this on purpose or did I found a bug?

Posted by Jaiswal Neetu <Ne...@opentv.com>.
Hi,

I am new for Cassandra and Java.
Can someone guide me to load multiple columns of Cassandra column family
using single statement in Cassandra-cli?
Or load multiple columns using Java program?
Sending sample will be great help.

Thanks
Neetu

Re: SimpleAuthenticator missing in Cassandra 1.0

Posted by Dave Brosius <db...@mebigfatguy.com>.
Had found the same thing, and updated:

http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/SimpleAuthenticator

Posted by Brandon Williams <dr...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 3:25 PM, RobinUs2 <ro...@us2.nl> wrote:
> It seems that org.apache.cassandra.auth.SimpleAuthenticator is missing in the
> cassandra 1.0 binaries. Is this on purpose or did I found a bug?

>From NEWS.txt:

    - The SimpleAuthenticator and SimpleAuthority classes have been moved to
      the example directory (and are thus not available from the binary
      distribution). They never provided actual security and in their current
      state are only meant as examples.

-Brandon

Re: SimpleAuthenticator missing in Cassandra 1.0

Posted by Pete Warden <pe...@jetpac.com>.
For what it's worth, here's where I ended up after digging into Cassandra
security as a new user:
http://petewarden.typepad.com/searchbrowser/2011/08/securing-cassandra-on-ec2.html

Posted by RobinUs2 <ro...@us2.nl>.

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 3:25 PM, RobinUs2 <ro...@us2.nl> wrote:
> It seems that org.apache.cassandra.auth.SimpleAuthenticator is missing in the
> cassandra 1.0 binaries. Is this on purpose or did I found a bug?

Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra
http://www.datastax.com