Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Per Kreipke <pe...@onclave.com> on 2002/08/01 18:38:33 UTC

Authenticators call DB (or other) every request?

It looks to me like authenticator Actions query the database, dbxml, or
whatever on every request.

- Is that really necessary once the session has been established? Probably.

- How expensive are people finding it to be?

Per

RE: Authenticators call DB (or other) every request?

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
> From: Per Kreipke [mailto:per@onclave.com]
>
> As for my other thread, any experience using container managed
security with
> Cocoon?

Declarative security will work without any changes in Cocoon itself; for
programmatic you can do IsUserInRoleAction and protect some parts of
sitemap...

Don't see an issue here.

Vadim

Posted by Per Kreipke <pe...@onclave.com>.
> > It looks to me like authenticator Actions query the database, dbxml,
> or
> > whatever on every
>
> login
>
> > request.

Ah. You're right below, I see now that the db-authentication is only called
on the login handler....

> > - Is that really necessary once the session has been established?
> Probably.
>
> Of course, you want to verify password.

... but I thought this also, which is why I figured the DB was being queried
every time since any DB changes would need to be reflected immediately.

Of course, the 'protected' sample doesn't even use a password but I figure
you're speaking abstractly.

> PS Are you confusing authenticators with validators? See
> protected/sitemap.xmap.

Yes.

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
> From: Per Kreipke [mailto:per@onclave.com]
>
> It looks to me like authenticator Actions query the database, dbxml,
or
> whatever on every

login