Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Dmitri Pavlovski <dm...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2011/02/24 21:52:15 UTC

writeToWAL for increment operation

Hi,

I have a stupid question on how HBase RPC works. I think a Writable
object is serialized/deserialized with write/read functions, but it
looks like I miss something.

I use 0.90 call

HTable.increment(Increment increment)

to increment several columns within a single row. I do not need to
write to the WAL, so I call

  increment.setWriteToWAL(false);

but I still see WAL edits on the regionserver.

I do not see any serialization/deserialization of writeToWAL in
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.Increment.java (functions void
readFields(final DataInput in) and void write(final DataOutput out) )

How does the client send writeToWAL to the server? Do I miss some
basics on how RPC works?

Thanks,
Dmitri

Re: writeToWAL for increment operation