Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Vidhyashankar Venkataraman <vi...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2010/06/02 00:47:54 UTC

Multi-family bulk load/update..

Hi
  I just noticed you guys have submitted a patch on bulk incremental upload. Sweet.

  Can you let me know if the patch supports multi-family bulk updates? (It looks like it does not, wanted to check anyways)..

Thanks
Vidhya

Re: Multi-family bulk load/update..

Posted by Vidhyashankar Venkataraman <vi...@yahoo-inc.com>.
>> It doesn't currently, though it should be pretty easy to improve it.
It looked like it: I guess we would need to coordinate across Hfiles belonging to different column families..

>> If you would like to work on it, though, feel free!
Right now, we don't have the time but we will let you guys know if we are going to :)

Cheers,
Vidhya

On 6/1/10 3:57 PM, "Todd Lipcon" <to...@cloudera.com> wrote:

On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 3:47 PM, Vidhyashankar Venkataraman <
vidhyash@yahoo-inc.com> wrote:

> Hi
>  I just noticed you guys have submitted a patch on bulk incremental upload.
> Sweet.
>
>  Can you let me know if the patch supports multi-family bulk updates? (It
> looks like it does not, wanted to check anyways)..

It doesn't currently, though it should be pretty easy to improve it. I hope
to do that in the coming weeks after this first cut is committed. If you
would like to work on it, though, feel free!

Thanks
-Todd

--
Todd Lipcon