Posted to dev@openmeetings.apache.org by Тимур Тлеукенов <ti...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/22 08:06:53 UTC

Openmeetngs recording scale

Hi Sebastian,

Currently recordings are scaled by 1.3 times.
If I record screen with dimension 1680x1050, video will have 2176x1360.
I see in CommonScreenShare.java:
163:    public float Ampl_factor = 1.3f;
473:    int scaledWidth =
Float.valueOf(Math.round(VirtualScreenBean.vScreenResizeX *
Ampl_factor)).intValue();
int scaledHeight =
Float.valueOf(Math.round(VirtualScreenBean.vScreenResizeY *
Ampl_factor)).intValue();

My question is what is the goal of that scaling?  Value of a Ampl_factor
never changes, It always 1.3.
With old ffmpeg on debian 5 it cause errors due to ffmpeg support maximum
width 2048.

--
Timur Tleukenov

Re: Openmeetngs recording scale

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.
You might change that to 1.0, that should also result in less
bandwidth taken per image.
Re-Scaling the image in the screensharing was integrated to have
quality settings.

Sebastian

--
Sebastian Wagner