Posted to jcs-users@jakarta.apache.org by Abhinav Korlakunta <Ab...@chordiant.com> on 2007/10/24 17:21:35 UTC

Disabling lateral cache - java.net.SocketException: Broken pipe

Hi,
I am getting the below error. I have two server instances running on a single physical machine and I am using jcs-1.3.

I have seen somebody else also reported these kind of error.
http://www.mail-archive.com/jcs-users@jakarta.apache.org/msg00280.html

Can you please provide me some pointers on it?

[10/22/07 13:31:40:597 CDT] 0000005a LateralTCPSen E org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.lateral.socket.tcp.LateralTCPSender send Detected problem with connection: java.net.SocketException: Broken pipe
[10/22/07 13:31:40:603 CDT] 0000005a LateralCache  E org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.lateral.LateralCache handleException Disabling lateral cache due to error Failed to put [[GAN: groupId=[groupId=UserCache, UserCache], attrName=abcdef]] to UserCache
                                 java.net.SocketException: Broken pipe
 at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(SocketOutputStream.java:92)
 at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(SocketOutputStream.java:136)
 at java.io.ObjectOutputStream$BlockDataOutputStream.drain(ObjectOutputStream.java:1685)
 at java.io.ObjectOutputStream$BlockDataOutputStream.setBlockDataMode(ObjectOutputStream.java:1594)
 at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeNonProxyDesc(ObjectOutputStream.java:1173)
 at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeClassDesc(ObjectOutputStream.java:1127)
 at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeOrdinaryObject(ObjectOutputStream.java:1284)
 at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject0(ObjectOutputStream.java:1079)
 at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeFatalException(ObjectOutputStream.java:1398)
 at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject(ObjectOutputStream.java:305)
 at org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.lateral.socket.tcp.LateralTCPSender.send(LateralTCPSender.java:222)
 at org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.lateral.socket.tcp.LateralTCPService.update(LateralTCPService.java:127)
 at org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.lateral.LateralCache.update(LateralCache.java:100)
 at org.apache.jcs.engine.CacheAdaptor.handlePut(CacheAdaptor.java:91)
 at org.apache.jcs.engine.CacheEventQueue$PutEvent.doRun(CacheEventQueue.java:688)
 at org.apache.jcs.engine.CacheEventQueue$AbstractCacheEvent.run(CacheEventQueue.java:607)
 at org.apache.jcs.engine.CacheEventQueue$QProcessor.run(CacheEventQueue.java:575)

Thank you,
-Abhinav.
The information transmitted herewith is sensitive      information of Chordiant Software or its customers and is intended only for use to the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution, copying or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from your computer.