Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net> on 2020/12/19 20:58:12 UTC

Re: [OT] feature request: reload SSL certificate automatically after X days (configuration option)

Mladen,

On 12/19/20 11:33, Mladen Adamović wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 19, 2020 at 5:06 PM Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> On a side note, Tomcat might be lacking a command line manager utility,
> having manager running on a port sounds... like we are people who avoid a
> command line, no?

There is a command-line manager: it's called curl and you use it with
the Manager web application. You said you didn't want to use that, so
... I guess you are out of luck.

Anything other than curl + JMXProxyServlet will be not sane. JMX can do
pretty much anything; developing another protocol for another
command-line interface is not a good use of anyone's time.

-chris