Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Pavel Krupets <pa...@sit93.com> on 2005/02/27 02:18:54 UTC

Can I use XInclude in my documents when I parse them using Xerces.DOM3

Hello,

I have some documents one of them is the root document and it contains
XInclude elements. I need to parse this document to get node elements
(which can be in the sub documents) and I use them to pass into
Castor XML Mapping framework to fill in my JavaBeans objects.

Is this possible with Xerces.DOM3?

This code parses document but completely ignores XInclude elements. Do I
need
to check XInclude elements manually?

-
System.setProperty(DOMImplementationRegistry.PROPERTY,
"org.apache.xerces.dom.DOMImplementationSourceImpl");
System.setProperty("org.apache.xerces.xni.parser.XMLParserConfiguration",
"org.apache.xerces.parsers.XIncludeParserConfiguration");

DOMImplementationRegistry registry =
DOMImplementationRegistry.newInstance();

_domLS = (DOMImplementationLS) registry.getDOMImplementation("XML 3.0 LS");

LSParser parser =
_domLS.createLSParser(DOMImplementationLS.MODE_SYNCHRONOUS, null);
Document doc    = parser.parseURI("./configWithInclude.xml");