Posted to dev@freemarker.apache.org by Daniel Dekany <dd...@freemail.hu> on 2017/03/16 10:06:37 UTC

Re: Twitter and Some More Suggested Tweets

Wednesday, February 8, 2017, 10:29:39 AM, Sharan Foga wrote:

[snip]
> I haven't posted the tweet about the Committer How to as I think we
> may need some small changes in it, but I will start a new thread.

So, what are those changes? (This is about
http://freemarker.org/committer-howto.html)

 Daniel Dekany

Re: Twitter and Some More Suggested Tweets

Posted by Daniel Dekany <dd...@freemail.hu>.
Thanks, I have fixed these!

Friday, March 17, 2017, 11:53:40 AM, Sharan Foga wrote:

> Hi Daniel
>
> Thanks for the reminder. I've been involved with Apachecon and
> Community Development stuff so this dropped down my my task list.
>
> My suggested changes are as follows:
>
> You document uses (s)he and on the ASF email tips, it recommends
> avoiding the use of gender specific terms like he or she. (For info
> \u2013 In December last year I ran a survey of the ASF Committers and
> it showed that have more genders than just he and she). So I'd
> suggest making it gender neutral by using 'they' and  so change
>
> -  (s)he has to they have
> -  (s)he is  to they are
> -  (s)he may to they may
> -  (s)he should to they should
>
> -  CLA vs ICLA \u2013 I think it is full term ICLA (Individual
> Contributor Licence Agreement) although the page your refer does call them CLA.
>
> -  Change \u201cit's sometimes looked over\u201d to \u201c it's sometimes overlooked\u201d
>
> -  Change \u201cThe commit comment should automatically describe that
> it's a merge and if from where.\u201d  to something like \u201c'The commit
> comment should automatically describe that it's a merge and if so, where it was merged from\u201d
>
> -  Change \u201cIn general, pull request merge commits should adhere
> to the same policies as if the Committer who commits directly into
> the Apache git repository.\u201d to something like
> \u201cIn general, pull request merge commits should adhere to the same
> policies that Committers use to commit directly into the Apache git repository.\u201d
>
> -  Change \u201cFor each release, one of the Committers plays the role of Release Manager.\u201d
> to \u201cFor each release, one of the Committers takes on  the role of Release Manager.\u201d
>
> -  Change \u201cIf someone reports a security vulnerability, normally
> he shouldn't do it on a public forum\u201d to \u201cIf someone reports a
> security vulnerability, normally they shouldn't do it on a public forum\u201d
>
> I think that was all the main things I noticed.
>
> Thanks
> Sharan
>

> On 2017-03-16 11:06 (+0100), Daniel Dekany <dd...@freemail.hu> wrote:
>> Wednesday, February 8, 2017, 10:29:39 AM, Sharan Foga wrote:
>>
>> [snip]
>> > I haven't posted the tweet about the Committer How to as I think we
>> > may need some small changes in it, but I will start a new thread.
>>
>> So, what are those changes? (This is about
>> http://freemarker.org/committer-howto.html)
>>
>> --
>> Thanks,
>>  Daniel Dekany

 Daniel Dekany

Re: Twitter and Some More Suggested Tweets

Posted by Sharan Foga <sh...@apache.org>.
Hi Daniel

[...]

\u201cIn general, pull request merge commits should adhere to the same policies that Committers use to commit directly into the Apache git repository.\u201d